The mode of transportation is an important consideration when planning the shipment process.
Besides the costs, the urgency of the shipment, the value of the goods being shipped as well as the size and weight of the goods need to be evaluated when determining the form of transportation.
- Ocean or Maritime freight is a less expensive method of shipping goods, but the drawback is longer transit time.
- Airfreight is a critical mode of transport. It serves markets and supply chains that demand speed.
- Rail mode of transport which is also considered a ‘green’.
- Road freight is one of the most common of all modes of transportation. It is widely used in continents such as Europe, Africa, and North America.
- Multimodal transport is a combination of different modes of transportation such as rail, road, and sea which allows the customer to cost-effectively manage shipments from start-to-end, ensuring optimum care and efficiency every step of the way.
” THE SINGLE CUSTOMS DOCUMENT PROCESS PROVIDES A SEAMLESS MOVEMENT OF GOODS EVEN ACROSS VARIOUS STATES AND COUNTRIES. “
There are numerous options for transporting goods, and there may not be one solution for your transportation needs. Each mode of transport has its advantages and disadvantages. Prioritizing your needs, understanding your shipment, and comparing costs are important when planning your shipment and choosing the best mode of transport